Most of our teachers are experienced practitioners and make use of their experience in research projects. These are regularly published as master theses, lectures and scientific publications in international peer-reviewed journals (list of publications). Your treatment and our teaching benefit from this.
Milestones of the Heidelberg Model
- Development of the first comprehensive model of Chinese Medicine from a western perspective
- Introduction of double-blinding in acupuncture research (needle acupuncture), a milestone for the credibility of acupuncture research as a whole
- First double-blind studies on knee joint pain, back pain, etc.
- Controlled Qigong research for burnout, anxiety and chemotherapy
- Clarification of the molecular mechanisms of medicinal plants
- Introduction of the first TCM master study programme for healthcare professionals in Europe (in collaboration with the University of Porto, Portugal)